If you’ve just started a blog, you might be wondering where all the readers are. You’re likely putting in a lot of effort to write articles, build a platform, and grow your brand, but you might not be seeing the results you want just yet. Don’t worry – it takes time to build an audience. Keep at it, and you’ll eventually see the fruits of your labor.
- Does posting lots of content help increase search rankings?
- Once a blog post is published, what are some strategies to further promote it to drive more traffic?
- Are there certain times of day or week that are better for publishing blog posts in terms of generating traffic?
- How long does it typically take for a new blog to start seeing significant traffic?
- Are there certain types of content or topics that tend to perform better in terms of generating traffic?
We’re here to help you set reasonable expectations for your blog’s performance and work toward success.
Does posting lots of blog posts help increase search rankings?
Posting lots of content can help increase search rankings, but it’s not a guarantee. It depends on the quality of the content, how relevant it is to the searcher’s query, and a number of other factors.
It is recommended that you post new blog posts at least 1-2 times per week. This helps to ensure that your blog remains active and relevant, and also helps to attract new readers and followers. Additionally, posting new content on a regular basis helps to keep your existing readers engaged and coming back for more.
- Cover new topics that interest you
- Expand on topic that are in your niche
- Link your blog post topics together
- Focus on valuable content that is well written and useful. Ask yourself, would you read this?
New blogs will generally have a harder time ranking in search engines than established blogs with a lot of content. This is because search engines give preference to websites that have been around for longer and have a proven track record of producing quality content.
Quality blog content is well-written, accurate, and provides value to the reader. It is also free of grammatical and spelling errors. Google takes quality blog content into consideration when ranking a page because it is an indicator of the overall quality of the website. A website with high-quality blog content is likely to be a well-researched and reputable source of information, which is what Google wants to promote in its search results.
Once a blog post is published, what are some strategies to further promote it to drive more traffic?
There are many strategies to further promote a blog post once it is published.
Some common strategies include:
- Sharing the post on social media platforms
- Adding the post to a newsletter or email list
- Reposting the article on other websites or blogs
- Submitting the post to online directories or aggregators
- Paying for online advertising to promote the post
- Creating social media accounts dedicated to promoting the post
- Submit it to social bookmarking sites
- Write a guest post on a related blog
Are there certain times of day or week that are better for publishing blog posts in terms of generating traffic?
Some people believe that weekday mornings are the best time to publish blog posts, while others believe that weekday evenings are the best time. Ultimately, it is up to the individual blogger to experiment with different times and see what works best for their blog in terms of generating traffic.
You can use for example Google Analytics to find the most active time of the day for your site.
The most active time of day for visitors can be found by looking at the “Hourly” report in Google Analytics. This report can be found under the “Behaviour” section.
How long does it typically take for a new blog to start seeing significant traffic?
Assuming you are talking about significant traffic from search engines, it typically takes 3-6 months for a new blog to start seeing significant traffic from search engines.
Of course, there are many variables that can affect this timeline, such as the quality of your content, how often you publish, how well you promote your content, etc.
If you are wondering how long it will take before your blog starts getting traffic from search engines, here are a few things you can do to help speed up the process:
- Make sure you are creating high-quality content. This is the most important factor in whether or not your blog will be successful. Write articles that are well researched, informative, and engaging.
- Publish regularly. The more often you publish, the more likely you are to get traffic. Try to aim for at least 2-3 times per week, but don’t sacrifice quality for quantity.
- Promote your content. Once you have published a new article, share it on social media, forums, and other websites. The more places people can see your content, the more traffic you’re likely to get.
- Be patient. It takes time for search engines to index and rank your content. If you’re consistently publishing high-quality articles, you will eventually start seeing traffic from search engines.
If you follow these tips, you should start seeing traffic from search engines within 3-6 months.
Of course, the amount of traffic you get will depend on a number of factors, but by creating quality content and promoting it regularly, you should be able to get the traffic you want.
Are there certain types of content or topics that tend to perform better in terms of generating traffic?
While there are definitely some types of content that have a higher chance of going viral and generating a ton of traffic, there is no guarantee that any one piece of content will be a hit.
That being said, there are definitely some topics and types of content that have a higher chance of being successful. In general, content that is timely, newsworthy, informative, and/or entertaining tends to do well. Other factors that can affect how well a piece of content performs include the headline, the images, and the overall quality of the writing.
If you’re looking to increase your chances of creating content that goes viral and generates a lot of traffic, we suggest focusing on creating pieces that are timely, newsworthy, informative, and/or entertaining.
There is no guarantee that any one piece of content will be a hit, so be sure to promote your content across a variety of channels to give it the best chance of being seen by as many people as possible.